Add targets for release binaries? (1.3+)

kinke via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Fri May 5 08:52:44 PDT 2017

On Friday, 5 May 2017 at 12:49:32 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
> LDC's part can easily be done by adding a small piece of code
> to the config file handling such that different sections are
> matched depending on the chosen target (where you can then set
> library lookup paths for druntime/Phobos, the GCC excecutable
> to use for cross linking, etc.).

Rainer (IIRC) already implemented that a year ago or so.
Just add additional sections, named exactly like the target
triple, to the config file, e.g.:

`
default:
{
     switches = [
         "-I%%ldcbinarypath%%/../import/ldc",
         "-I%%ldcbinarypath%%/../import",
         "-L-L%%ldcbinarypath%%/../lib64",
         "-defaultlib=phobos2-ldc,druntime-ldc",
         "-debuglib=phobos2-ldc-debug,druntime-ldc-debug"
     ];
};
armv7-none-linux-android:
{
     switches = [
         "-I%%ldcbinarypath%%/../import/ldc",
         "-I%%ldcbinarypath%%/../import",
         "-gcc=MY_CROSS_LINKING_GCC",
         "-L-LMY_ARM_LIBS_DIR",
         "-defaultlib=phobos2-ldc,druntime-ldc",
         "-debuglib=phobos2-ldc-debug,druntime-ldc-debug"
     ];
};
`

We could spice it up by allowing wildcards in the section names
at some point, but cross-compiling druntime/Phobos, installing an
appropriate cross-gcc and modifying the LDC config file is really
all what's needed.