Add targets for release binaries? (1.3+)

kinke via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Fri May 5 09:18:27 PDT 2017

On Friday, 5 May 2017 at 15:59:21 UTC, Adrian Matoga wrote:
> Yes, and I believe the "script" is doable in a few lines
> inserted in CMakeLists we already have. I need to improve my
> CMakese to prove it.

Our CMake scripts are a holy mess. An approach patching the
runtime's CMakeLists.txt in the few required places, re-running
CMake (with `-DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=... -DD_FLAGS=-w;-mtriple=...`
etc.) and then building the new runtime libs (obviously using the
already built LDC), all of this for each desired cross-target,
might be a simpler approach.

> The other part of it is using the LDC you've built this way
> later. You should be able to conveniently specify which of
> these targets you want. Technically, you can already use
> -mtriple, -gcc, -defaultlib etc., but it could be made easier.

See my post above; all you need is an extended config file and
then specifying `-mtriple=...` for the LDC command line(s).