Ldc apt-get is on 0.14.0 (Raspbian)

David Nadlinger code at klickverbot.at
Wed Nov 15 12:38:49 UTC 2017

On 15 Nov 2017, at 3:11, jmh530 via digitalmars-d-ldc wrote:
> It might make sense to put something like this a little more
> prominently on the github page, given that it only references using
> apt for ubuntu and those are older releases currently.

We have been going back and forth on this, following how involved people
were in distro packaging. There is also the issue that packages from
Debian/Ubuntu stable will be horribly out of date almost by definition
– which I hope people using distros based on that would realise, but
may not always do.

If you have any ideas on how to word the readme such as to clearly
advertise the release tarballs as the "guaranteed up-to-date" option,
could you maybe create a quick PR?

  — David