Simplest way to just run std.socket unittest?

Thomas Mader thomas.mader at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 21:21:44 UTC 2017

On Wednesday, 29 November 2017 at 11:02:43 UTC, kinke wrote:
> We use LLVM for archiving. Since you're using an older LLVM
> (4.0.1; LDC 1.4 btw is 'old' too, current version is 1.6), that
> may have been fixed in LLVM 5.0.
> You can also opt to use the Xcode archiver by including
> `-DRT_ARCHIVE_WITH_LDC=OFF` in the CMake command line.

Thank you very much, -DRT_ARCHIVE_WITH_LDC=OFF was the missing
argument to make it work on OSX.

I wanted to switch to ldc 1.6.0 but got the following error.
First I tried with llvm 4 but since you mentioned llvm 5 I tried
it but without succes. I got the same error as with 4.

CMake Error at runtime/jit-rt/DefineBuildJitRT.cmake:40 (include):
   include could not find load file:

/nix/store/n0yi0jz38k67zmpn86zixyizhscb1c7d-llvm-5.0.0-lib/lib/cmake/llvm/LLVMConfig.cmake
Call Stack (most recent call first):
   runtime/CMakeLists.txt:710 (build_jit_runtime)

Maybe the llvm packages in Nixos have this file missing but since
I don't know anything about llvm internals I can't tell.
It seems strange though because I think a missing file should
have been detected by other packages depending on LLVM.
The build derivation for llvm 5 can be found under
https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/blob/master/pkgs/development/compilers/llvm/5/llvm.nix though. Maybe there are some missing flags or something?