LDC cross compilation wiki

Andre Pany via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sat Sep 9 05:16:58 PDT 2017

On Monday, 7 August 2017 at 15:49:02 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> On Monday, 7 August 2017 at 13:34:09 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
>> Hi,
>> While searching for LDC and cross compile, google shows as
>> first hit
>> https://wiki.dlang.org/LDC_cross-compilation_for_ARM_GNU/Linux
>> Which is perfect.
>>
>> I just wonder whether the details are still valid:
>> Llvm 3.8.0
>> LDC 1.0
>> ARM patch needed?
>>
>> Could someone with knowledge on this topic have a look?
>
> No, it's outdated and shouldn't be followed.  The next ldc 1.4
> beta will support cross-compiling the stdlib for arbitrary
> platforms, provided the requisite llvm CPU backend is included:
>
> https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/pull/2253
>
> I'm going to submit a PR so that all the flags there can be
> boiled down to two options, OS and arch, for platforms that we
> support.  You'll still be able to override anything with custom
> flags or configure it yourself for unsupported platforms.
>
> We'll add some docs for all this on the wiki when it's done,
> and redirect this page to those new instructions.

I would try to use the ldc-build-runtime tool to cross compile to
my Raspberry Pi (From Windows). But by reading this wiki page
"https://wiki.dlang.org/Building_LDC_runtime_libraries" it is not
clear for me what to do.

What is already working: Executing this command seems to finish
without error:
C:\D\ldc2-1.4.0-beta1-win32-msvc\bin>ldc-build-runtime
--ldcSrcDir "ldc-1.4.0-beta1-src" --ninja

But I think I have to call this command with specific parameters
for the Raspberry Pi. Where do I find this parameters?

Kind regards
André