LDC cross compilation wiki

Andre Pany via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Sun Sep 10 13:41:26 PDT 2017

On Saturday, 9 September 2017 at 19:27:38 UTC, Joakim wrote:

> There are tutorials like this that seem to have some info:
>
> http://gnutoolchains.com/raspberry/tutorial/
>
> I've never used the RPi so I don't know what toolchains are out
> there.  You need a C toolchain for the RPi, then you specify
> the C compiler using CC, and the flags they tell you to use for
> compiling and linking get passed to ldc-build-runtime.
>
> Hopefully, we'll eventually have a preset configuration for
> some popular RPi toolchain, but someone will have to submit a
> pull for that once my pull to keep a bunch of preset
> configurations for common platforms is in:
>
> https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/pull/2301

Thanks, I am still trying to get it running but no success so far.

Visual Studio 14: There is a batch file "vcvarsall.bat" which can
be called with parameter x86_arm. While executing
ldc-build-runtime there is an error from Visual Studio that
desktop app cannot be build for architecture ARM.

Next I tried GCC from your link. If I understand the error log
correctly, CMake tries to create a windows executable using the
cross compiler for linux/arm. I created an issue for this
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/issues/2322.

Kind regards
André