LDC 1.4.0

Joakim via digitalmars-d-ldc digitalmars-d-ldc at puremagic.com
Thu Sep 14 04:48:01 UTC 2017

On Monday, 11 September 2017 at 23:35:42 UTC, kinke wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> LDC 1.4.0 is out now. The highlights of version 1.4 in a
> nutshell:
>
> * Based on D 2.074.1.
> * Shipping with ldc-build-runtime, a small D tool to easily
> (cross-)compile the runtime libraries yourself.
> * Full Android support, incl. emulated TLS.
> * Improved support for AddressSanitizer and libFuzzer. The
> libraries are shipped with the prebuilt Linux x86_64 and OSX
> packages.
> * Prebuilt Linux x86_64 package shipping with LTO plugin,
> catching up with the OSX package.
> * Prebuilt packages include the NVPTX LLVM target, in order to
> target CUDA via DCompute.
>
> Full release log and downloads:
> https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/releases/tag/v1.4.0
>
> Thanks to everybody contributing!

I have updated the wiki page on building ldc from source, showing
how to build our branch of llvm and switching it to CMake:

https://wiki.dlang.org/Building_LDC_from_source

I have also added some info about building on or for Android.
Please look it over and add anything I missed.

I will now remove the instructions on building ldc for Android
here, since it's all in the official page now and no patches are
needed:

https://wiki.dlang.org/Build_LDC_for_Android