LDC for PowerPC64 on FreeBSD

Joakim dlang at joakim.fea.st
Mon Sep 25 16:49:59 UTC 2017

On Monday, 25 September 2017 at 14:37:56 UTC, Curtis wrote:
> On Monday, 25 September 2017 at 14:02:58 UTC, kinke wrote:
>> On Monday, 25 September 2017 at 12:47:29 UTC, Curtis wrote:
>>> I'm attempting to build LDC for PowerPC64 on FreeBSD.  I've
>>> been initially successful in building, with some hacks, LDC
>>> 0.17.5.  Everything seems to be working, but some issues.
>>
>> I'd try to build the newest LDC with your 0.17.5 and then
>> perform the tests with that one; LDC has seen countless fixes
>> (and possibly some regressions ;)) since 0.17.x.
>
> I successfully built LDC 1.4 with 0.17.5.  However, the tests
> freezes when it gets to "core.atomic".  All tests prior to that
> pass successfully.
>
> The "atomic.d" modules successfully compile normally, but the
> tests seems to choke on it.
>
> Any ideas?

I'd pass all druntime modules' names to the test runner manually
and leave out core.atomic at first, to see how many other
druntime modules have failing tests.  Once those are all working,
run the Phobos tests and get those all working, then you can try
dub, which builds on Phobos.

As for core.atomic, I see some checks for PPC64 in there.  I dont
know anything about FreeBSD/PPC64, but I'd check to make sure
that code is right, then run those tests through a debugger to
see where it hangs.