Windows --> arm-linux cross compiler and lld

Joakim dlang at joakim.fea.st
Fri Apr 13 03:56:24 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 11 April 2018 at 00:39:23 UTC, Mike Franklin wrote:
> How does clang know how to generate its linker command?

I don't think it does, it's probably hard-coded based on the
target, though you can usually override various elements with
flags. Since every target has its own selection of flags and
object files it needs, we delegate linking to the C
(cross-)compiler for that target.

You can always choose your own linker for ldc with the -linker=
flag and do everything manually if you want though.

> Whatever it is, can ldc be made do the same?

Yes, but it would be an impossible task to do it for any
non-trivial set of platforms. It's _much_ easier to free-ride off
the C compiler which has already been configured for the target.