Building against LLVM 6.0

Per Nordlöw per.nordlow at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 21:44:04 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 15 April 2018 at 14:30:59 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
> On 15 Apr 2018, at 11:12, Per Nordlöw via digitalmars-d-ldc
> wrote:
>> Now that https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/pull/2608 is in
>> can I try building LDC myself against LLVM-6.0?
>
> You should be able to, yes.
>
>> If so which build settings control which version of LLVM it
>> builds against?
>>
>> If I only have LLVM 6.0 installed will it work automatically?
>
> It should pick it up automatically, yes, but you can also use
> -DLLVM_CONFIG=<path to llvm-config executable> or
> -DLLVM_ROOT_DIR=<path to llvm installation> to explicitly
> specify which version to use.
>
>  — David

I installed the 6.0 version on Ubuntu 17.10 using

deb http://apt.llvm.org/artful/ llvm-toolchain-artful-6.0 main
deb-src http://apt.llvm.org/artful/ llvm-toolchain-artful-6.0 main

and built ldc using it.

For some reason it didn't build and install the asan and
LLVMgold.so plugin because my compilation errors as

Error: The LLVMgold.so plugin (needed for LTO) was not found. You
can specify its path with -flto-binary=<file>.
ldc2 failed with exit code 1.

Which build (cmake) configuration flags control inclusion of the
asan and the LLVMgold.so plugin and the build and installation?