Building against LLVM 6.0

kinke noone at nowhere.com
Sun Apr 15 22:23:19 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 15 April 2018 at 21:47:28 UTC, Per Nordlöw wrote:
> On Sunday, 15 April 2018 at 21:44:04 UTC, Per Nordlöw wrote:
>> Which build (cmake) configuration flags control inclusion of
>> the asan and the LLVMgold.so plugin and the build and
>> installation?
>
> Or rather all plugins part of the standard distribution of ldc.

The 'full experience' of official prebuilt packages currently
requires our minimally touched LLVM [1], otherwise
`-link-internally` doesn't work. It also requires LLVM to be
built with `-DLLVM_BINUTILS_INCDIR=<path/to/plugin.h>` in the
CMake command line (reqiring the binutils-dev package for that
header) in order to generate the LTO plugin LLVMgold.so.
This goes on, there's a whole lot of little details to get right.
So if you just want to give LLVM 6.0 a shot, consider downloading
a ready-made CI package from [2] - they're equivalent to the
release packages modulo enabled LLVM & LDC assertions.
If you still want to build yourself, all up-to-date details are
in our CircleCI (Linux & macOS) and AppVeyor (Windows) config
files, as they generate the official prebuilt packages. [3, 4]

[1] https://github.com/ldc-developers/llvm
[2] https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/releases/tag/CI
[3]
https://github.com/ldc-developers/llvm/blob/ldc-release_60/.circleci/config.yml