How to build SPIR-V supported LDC?

Sobaya sobaya007 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 20:10:07 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 24 April 2018 at 12:19:26 UTC, Sobaya wrote:
> On Tuesday, 24 April 2018 at 09:22:38 UTC, kinke wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 24 April 2018 at 08:09:18 UTC, Sobaya wrote:
>>> But cmake error occured.
>>> The error message is
>>> "
>>> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:659 (message):
>>>   Unexpected failure executing llvm-build: llvm-build: fatal
>>> error: missing
>>>   LLVMBuild.txt file at:
>>>   '/home/sobaya/git/llvm/lib/Target/SPIRV/LLVMBuild.txt'
>>> "
>>>
>>> What's wrong?
>>
>> You didn't clone recursively and so don't have the SPIR-V
>> target git submodule. `git submocule update --init` should do
>> the trick now.
>

> It was exactly as you said.
>
> And I executed 'make', an error occurred while building
> libLTO.so.
>
> I noticed that this error is about the issue
> https://github.com/thewilsonator/llvm-target-spirv/issues/1.
>
> As the issue was opened, I thought I cannot solve the program.
>
> But I noticed you merged to master branch the commit you
> mentioned at the last comment of the issue, so tried to build
> again at the master and made it.
>
> It was the right process?
>
> If it was right, should you change the submodule's commit
> attached to comute branch from 74687b to master?

Additionaly, I tried to build LDC with the SPIR-V supported LLVM
like

git clone https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc.git --recursive
cd ldc
mkdir build
cd build
cmake .. -DLLVM_CONFIG=../../llvm/build/bin/llvm_config
make

But this build was failed.

This is because LDC cannot be built with LLVM with its version
over 6.0.0 while your LLVM' s version is 7.0.0svn.

You can really build LDC with your LLVM?