GSoC'19: Any LLVM based idea? If not let's think one!

Reshabh Sharma reshabhsh at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 19:52:42 UTC 2018

>See also: https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/pull/2397

On Thursday, 13 December 2018 at 19:17:15 UTC, Johan Engelen
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 12 December 2018 at 22:50:16 UTC, Johan Engelen
> wrote:
>>
>> - exploiting immutability of variables (notably of structs
>> such as string slices)
>> - devirtualization
>
> Btw, I think these are somewhat similar and that the first may
> lead to larger performance gains. Once the first works, the
> second follows almost automatically (after a deeper study of D
> language semantics of object runtime type).

Thanks, I don't have much knowledge about this so I'll go with
your words :) then I would insist that we can have "exploiting
immutability of variables" as a project idea.

Can you please suggest some resources for getting a bit more idea
about how others have exploited immutability of variables or is
there a generic term for this (I could not find much online :/ ).

I can help in drafting a project idea for this and if it could
get a mentor then I'm willing to be the part (If I qualify to be)
else it will definitely catch some eyes!

Best,
Reshabh Sharma