buildbot for alternative architectures now online

Kai Nacke kai at redstar.de
Wed Feb 7 23:32:06 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 7 February 2018 at 22:18:48 UTC, flamencofantasy
wrote:
> On Monday, 4 April 2016 at 05:54:36 UTC, Kai Nacke wrote:
>> Hi all!
>>
>> LDC is usable on other architectures than x86/x86_64, too. But
>> since we lacked a CI server we often created regressions
>> without noticing.
>>
>> [...]
>
> Hello,
>
> I am interested in running a buildbot for LDC on SmartOS, how
> to proceed?
>
> Thanks

Thanks for your interest!

Your box must be able to compile LDC. The easiest way is to
compile LLVM and LDC once. Install LLVM in /opt/llvm and LDC in
/opt/ldc2 or make sure that both are in the $PATH variable.

Then you need to install a buildbot slave. The master has version
0.8.12. The config of the slave is in the file buildbot.tac. You
need to change the following:

buildmaster_host = 'buildbot.ldc-developers.org'
port = 9989
slavename = 'smartos'
passwd = '<...see below...>'

Please sent me an email (kai at redstar.de) when your buildbot
slave is ready. Then I will add your slave and send you the
required password (for the passwd variable above) back.

The buildbot server currently starts builds with commits on
master and ltsmaster branch. I plan to support building pull
requests.

The UI of the buildbot is at http://buildbot.ldc-developers.org/

Regards,