ldc2 Windows

Carl Sturtivant sturtivant at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 20:14:03 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 16 October 2018 at 19:09:26 UTC, kinke wrote:
> On Tuesday, 16 October 2018 at 17:38:48 UTC, kinke wrote:
>> * PATH is also required, LDC invokes `link.exe`. Make sure
>> there's no DMD link.exe in PATH. ;)
>
> PPS: Not really required (e.g., with `-link-internally` or with
> `-linker=<path\to\link.exe>`). You can also specify the lib
> dirs as linker flags via `-L/LIBPATH:<dir1> -L/LIBPATH:<dir2>`
> in the LDC command line, so that you don't need that env
> variable either. You can put these switches into the
> etc\ldc2.conf file to make them implicit. All you should really
> need is setting VSINSTALLDIR to something non-empty.

Thanks for all the very useful information! Much appreciated.

Based upon all this I tried first setting VSINSTALLDIR and adding
to PATH the path to the linker. And setting LIB. (Apparently
LIBPATH is for the compiler, not the linker.) This did the job!
I'll put the path to the linker and the directories in LIB into
switches in etc/ldc2.conf and I'll have a clean setup.