ldc package on Fedora

Joakim dlang at joakim.fea.st
Wed Oct 17 09:06:20 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 17 October 2018 at 06:05:29 UTC, Russel Winder
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The ldc package just got upgraded to 1.12.0 on Fedora Rawhide
> which caused me to look at the package information. I wonder if
> there ought to be an update to this since LDC really isn't beta
> any more, and there are people working on non x86_64 platforms.
> i.e. I think the blurb needs to be far less defensive now: the
> defensiveness of the blurb could be a turn off to people
> reading it.
>
> [...]

That used to be the front-page text at the old LDC Dsource page:

http://www.dsource.org/projects/ldc/wiki/WikiStart?version=237

which is why I used the same description back when I submitted
LDC to FreeBSD ports almost a decade ago:

https://www.freshports.org/lang/ldc-devel/

You're right that the RPM text should've been updated since.