ldc package on Fedora

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Thu Oct 18 09:24:09 UTC 2018

On Wed, 2018-10-17 at 07:35 +0000, bioinfornatics via digitalmars-d-ldc wrote:
> On Wednesday, 17 October 2018 at 06:05:29 UTC, Russel Winder
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The ldc package just got upgraded to 1.12.0 on Fedora Rawhide
> > which caused me to look at the package information. I wonder if
> > there ought to be an update to this since LDC really isn't beta
> > any more, and there are people working on non x86_64 platforms.
> > i.e. I think the blurb needs to be far less defensive now: the
> > defensiveness of the blurb could be a turn off to people
> > reading it.
> >
> > [...]
>
> Hi Russel, thanks for your comment. Indeed the description has
> never be updated. If you want to provides a beautiful description
> I could to apply it ;-)

The Debian package just has:

 LDC is a portable compiler for the D programming language with modern
 optimization and code generation capabilities.

 It uses the official DMD compiler frontend to support the latest
 version of D, and relies on the LLVM Core libraries for code
 generation.

Perhaps having the Debian, Fedora, Arch and (Free|Open)BSD packages all have
the same text would be a good move?

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200