Bundle LDC with Visual D

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Fri Aug 9 07:29:20 UTC 2019

On Friday, 31 May 2019 at 07:23:36 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
> To the LDC maintainers:
>
> Thanks for your excellent work on LDC!
>
> I have prepared an installer of Visual D that comes with both
> DMD and LDC, so there is no hassle for new users to get up and
> running (at least if they use Visual Studio). I'm planning to
> add Visual D to the Visual Studio Gallery to make it
> discoverable from inside Visual Studio, too.
>
> Before going live I think it might be good to ask: Is it ok
> with you to distribute LDC with Visual D?
>
> Rainer

No it would not be ok distribute LDC with visual studio for me. I
like LDC because it is stand alone, you can just put it somewhere
without any installer and it works. Also Visual D is Windows only
but LDC works with many architectures, so for many Visual D would
just be extra baggage.

I think perhaps you meant to bundle Visual D with LDC or DMD?
That could perhaps be a possibility or the installer gives the
user the option to download DMD or LDC.