Bootstrap crash on Solaris 2.11/5.11 - uninitialized mem access

Rick V rick at snowlight.net
Tue Jan 1 10:50:46 UTC 2019

Forgot to mention that the new LDC is either of HEAD or the 1.13.0
release--neither one works.

"Rick V"  wrote in message news:q0fgef$hij$1 at digitalmars.com...

So, I decided to get into D at the behest of a few of my colleagues.

Sure. Why not? Tried bootstrapping on a netbsd system, only got as far as
building a freestanding Symantec/DMD 2.067.1 because NetBSD/OpenBSD support
in druntime is still in progress.

Switched to my Solaris box, bootstrapped LDC 0.17, druntime-ldc and
phobos-ldc 2.068 for both 32-bit and 64-bit variants. (Both are native
64-bit compilers, as the included LLVM 4.0 is.)

The *new* LDC crashes when compiling anything, at
registerPredefinedVersions(), while calling
VersionCondition::addPredefinedGlobalIdent("DMD"), but the D side gets
random garbage at dmd.identifier.Identifier.idPool(const(char)[]).