Linking with MSVC built static library

kinke noone at nowhere.com
Wed Mar 20 11:33:13 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 20 March 2019 at 10:22:04 UTC, Mihails wrote:
> Interesting - it started to work after I changed the build
> script to run through vcvarsall.bat but was failing in
> "default" environment despite linking successfully. Probably
> won't bother trying to figure it out but Windows build process
> is.. weird.

A look into README.txt should help understanding the difference.
In short: in order to be independent from the MS toolchain (and
their restrictive license), we ship with MSVCRT import libs based
on the MinGW-w64 lib definitions and use them, together with LLD
as linker, by default. So these libs are kind of
reverse-engineered and not the real deal. :)