Cortex-M3 low level assert issue.

kinke noone at nowhere.com
Fri May 3 16:31:34 UTC 2019

On Friday, 3 May 2019 at 03:18:00 UTC, Mike Franklin wrote:
>> Question for LDC developers:  Are the above compiler flags
>> enabled by default?  How can one confirm?
>
> This looks relevant:
> https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/blob/c81a0c94e535c3d670a4fab7aca9b1de22c3778c/driver/targetmachine.cpp#L472-L481

Yep, and this for the linker cmdline:
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/blob/13cc3c4ed2f4e77096313916e55ce460f9dd1ddc/driver/linker-gcc.cpp#L535-L543

So yes, these are the default settings for Linux targets (the
linker-strip-dead option is enabled by default), even for debug
builds. For non-Linux targets, we rely on the LLVM defaults wrt.
func/data sections; --gc-section is definitely only used for
Linux targets though (use `-v` in the LDC cmdline to print the
linker cmdline).