Cortex-M3 low level assert issue.

Jack Applegame japplegame at gmail.com
Sat May 4 14:06:32 UTC 2019

On Friday, 3 May 2019 at 03:00:43 UTC, Mike Franklin wrote:
> Note that it's ok for your .o files be full of junk.  They can
> be stripped out at link time with the `--gc-sections` flag.
> Just be sure you're compiling with `-ffunction-sections` and
> `-fdata-sections` for `--gc-sections` to work well.

I'm already using `--gc-sections` flag.
The junk gets into the same section as useful data. In this case
`--gc-sections` flag doesn't help.
Also `-data-sections` and `-function-sections` doesn't help too.

> ldc2 -conf= -c -mtriple=thumb-none--eabi -mcpu=cortex-m3 test.d

Wow! Result looks nice. Thanks. But unfortunately `-conf=` flag
also makes impossible to use the standard library at compile time.

I was also inspired by your `MMIO` library. Great idea! By the
way, I personally prefer to use `interface` instead of `final
abstract class`.