Bundle LDC with Visual D

Rainer Schuetze r.sagitario at gmx.de
Fri May 31 08:00:53 UTC 2019

On 31/05/2019 09:36, kinke wrote:
> On Friday, 31 May 2019 at 07:23:36 UTC, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
>> To the LDC maintainers:
>>
>> Thanks for your excellent work on LDC!
>>
>> I have prepared an installer of Visual D that comes with both DMD and
>> LDC, so there is no hassle for new users to get up and running (at
>> least if they use Visual Studio). I'm planning to add Visual D to the
>> Visual Studio Gallery to make it discoverable from inside Visual
>> Studio, too.
>>
>> Before going live I think it might be good to ask: Is it ok with you
>> to distribute LDC with Visual D?
>>
>> Rainer
>
> Sounds great, thx for your work.
>
> Pls provide some more details - will there be a fixed bundled version,
> or will the installer download the latest stable version on demand? What
> package is it, the official multilib one?

The installer comes with latest multilib release preinstalled (currently
1.15.0), but Visual D looks for updates via the github API.

The user can select whether stable or pre-releases should be checked.
The 7z package is downloaded and unpacked into a common root folder (it
would be nice if the current naming conventions and folders in the
archive are kept ;-))