Have you ever tried to compile for esp32/8266?

Paul Freund freund.paul at lvl3.org
Wed Nov 27 09:10:10 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 26 November 2019 at 13:28:13 UTC, dangbinghoo wrote:
> On Tuesday, 26 November 2019 at 12:17:51 UTC, Paul Freund wrote:
>> without the X86 build target llvm-config complains about a
>> missing X86disassembler component. I am currently working on a
>> template project for ESP-IDF with D support that makes
>> compilation very easy and includes instructions/scripts to get
>> it working, you saved me from a lot of work :)
>
> you're welcome.
>
> the makefile I posted should work making the D code building as
> a common C component.
>
> ---
> Binghoo dang

It is still very unpolished but here
https://github.com/PaulFreund/ESP32_Dlang_Template is a project
template that should include all required steps to take to get
your minimal D example running on a real ESP32 (tested, works!)
based on either Debian or Windows Subsystem for Linux - Debian. I
definitely want to include support for CMake compilation and a
few other goodies.