Debugging with LLDB on Windows

WebFreak001 d.forum at webfreak.org
Mon Aug 3 20:37:49 UTC 2020

On Monday, 3 August 2020 at 17:43:21 UTC, kinke wrote:
> On Monday, 3 August 2020 at 11:56:30 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
>> I believe it needs DWARF debugging information to work
>> properly, but I assume that's what LDC already emits.
>
> It doesn't, see
> https://forum.dlang.org/post/ttblgcwiwmdhyukzpocb@forum.dlang.org. - Wrt. VSCode on Windows, we've re-activated `-gc` to improve debugging with the Microsoft C/C++ plugin, see https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/pull/2869.

is it possible to then simply target the MinGW triple? Are there
any disadvantages coming from it?

I would like to try making a small D script for LLDB so it can
parse all the types and hopefully make a good debug experience on
all platforms consistently, because LLDB implements DWARF debug
symbols on all platforms.