About supporting EMScripten

Hipreme msnmancini at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 5 21:46:49 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 5 August 2020 at 21:40:47 UTC, Sebastiaan Koppe
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 5 August 2020 at 20:34:07 UTC, Hipreme wrote:
>> Is there some way for me to get started using this WASM
>> without BetterC
>
> You will need to compile it yourself and configure ldc.conf to
> point to the built libraries. This is all very beta so likely
> you will hit some dark corners.
>
> I wish it was further along and had some good docs, but it is
> what it is.
>
>> and using SDL?
>
> Emscripten has a port of SDL, but this is just druntime.
>
> If you want to do audio and graphics I can only show you the
> port of a js13k game I did.
>
> Play it live at
> https://skoppe.github.io/spasm/examples/underrun/ source at
> https://github.com/skoppe/spasm/tree/master/examples/underrun
>
> At this point I can't help you much, but once things are more
> finished I hope you can try out some things.

If I have some way to test and help, I would be happy already.
Is there some built libraries already? Or I'll need to run
ldc-build-runtime myself?
If I can get past this point, I'll be documenting it anyway, I
like to document everything I do

So, is it possible to integrate the EMScripten SDL port with what
you're doing?