How to use LLVM intrinsics on a UEFI x64 target?

kinke noone at nowhere.com
Mon Aug 10 09:10:45 UTC 2020

On Monday, 10 August 2020 at 08:30:52 UTC, KytoDragon wrote:
> How can i tell LDC that my target does not have a C standard
> library?

I don't think there's a way, plus not much LLVM can do - relying
on an external library implementation for non-trivial
transcendental math functions seems to make sense. Unfortunately,
LLVM also doesn't seem to provide these functions in the
'builtins' compiler-rt library (ldc_rt.builtins.lib).
Phobos' std.math has some implementations, but unfortunately none
for cos/sin yet.

> Interestingly sqrt works fine.

Yes, because there's a x64/SSE instruction for it.