Version identifiers for iOS and Apple platforms

Johan Engelen j at j.nl
Sun Feb 23 14:50:46 UTC 2020

On Sunday, 23 February 2020 at 14:26:45 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

> Would it be better to rename `AppleARM` to `iPhone`? I'm
> hesitating a bit since I think `iPhone` sounds a bit
> misleading. It probably has that name in the header file due to
> backward compatibility.

I have no experience with these OSes, so my opinion doesn't count
for much here. Maybe repost in the General forum to get more
input?

The "ARM" part of AppleARM is also misleading (maybe more so).
Intuitively, I feel there may be some benefit in naming things
similar to how they are in C source. In the reserved version
identifier documentation (the table) you can say that it applies
to WatchOS etc. aswell...

(pretty cool you are working on this btw :))

cheers,
   Johan