ldc-build-runtime requires nmake in Windows

kinke noone at nowhere.com
Tue Feb 25 01:02:28 UTC 2020

On Monday, 24 February 2020 at 22:25:04 UTC, IGotD- wrote:
> Are there any parameters that can set make instead of nmake. In
> practice ldc-build-runtime uses CMake and there should be a
> switch should be added so that you can choose any generator
> system you want. Bascially the -G switch in CMake.

You can set arbitrary CMake variables, but no extra cmdline
options. It uses the default CMake generator without `--ninja`,
so I guess it depends on your PATH and whatever it finds in there
in some order. If you need advanced CMake functionality, just
execute it yourself (encouraged anyway if you plan to work on
druntime and rebuilding countless times), the few cmdlines
automated by ldc-build-runtime are printed out. Or submit a patch
for the little tool if you really want to see the feature in
there. There are or have been concurrency issues with GNU make
though, so I'd recommend Ninja anyway.