MIR: A lightweight JIT compiler project

Basile B. b2.temp at gmx.com
Wed Jan 22 13:58:30 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 22 January 2020 at 12:22:02 UTC, user1234 wrote:
> On Tuesday, 21 January 2020 at 10:47:52 UTC, Petar Kirov
> [ZombineDev] wrote:
>> https://developers.redhat.com/blog/2020/01/20/mir-a-lightweight-jit-compiler-project/
>>
>> It would be interesting if LDC could hook into it.
>
> yeah maybe but good blog post quality here anyway, thanks for
> sharing this. Interesting read.

well maybe the only criticism I would have toward the article is
that it says that libfirm is a huge codebase (140 KSLOC) without
more details. It is indeed but it compiles very fast in itself (3
or 4 seconds here). So maybe firm **JIT** is not as good as the
author's one but it's mostly a back end in first place, with
optional jitting feature. Then as a backend, it's faster to
compile than LLVM.