What do you think about LDC contributor "kinke"

Johan j at j.nl
Thu Jul 23 09:41:55 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 23 July 2020 at 08:43:15 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
> PR 1: https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/issues/3514
> PR 2: https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/issues/3515
> PR 3: https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/issues/3516
>
> Three is where kinke made the statement.
>
> 1: correct, not an ldc issue to begin with.
> 2: correct again, array is 14 bytes, you were looking up 16
> bytes. Wrong user code.
> 3: druntime issue, not ldc. "Implementation Defined:" "The
> order in which modules are called to run their unit tests."
> https://dlang.org/spec/unittest.html
>
> While the language kinke used was not appropriate, the purpose
> of the statement was.

Thanks Rikki,
   I agree.

The exchange in issue 3 was along the lines of:

E - There is a bug: small piece of code.
J - I can't reproduce, give more details please.
E - Just do some more work and guess what I have been doing to
run into this.
K - Well that's some vital piece of information, don't you think?
I guess this could be due to this or that or this or that.
E - Why are you working here? And let me add some more ungrateful
text.
.
.
.

I closed and locked the issue.

@Ewa-D Please educate yourself on what the D language can and
cannot do, in a respectful manner. Tone down your expectations of
development of a free and open source program, and be nice to the
provider of that software.

> For the record, kinke is ldc. Without him, ldc doesn't exist.

cheers,
   Johan