Does ldc has an environment variable to refers to include paths ?

bioinfornatics bioinfornatics at fedoraproject.jorg
Fri Jul 24 21:21:55 UTC 2020

On Wednesday, 22 July 2020 at 09:33:42 UTC, Johan wrote:
> On Wednesday, 22 July 2020 at 08:43:05 UTC, kinke wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 21 July 2020 at 09:18:37 UTC, bioinfornatics wrote:
>>> C and C++ have both C_INCLUDE_PATH and CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH
>>> such env var is really helpful I would like to know if ldc
>>> has a D_INCLUDE_PATH ?
>>>
>>> if not, is it possible to introduce this feature?
>>
>> No and I wouldn't approve of such magic. DFLAGS can be used to
>> a similar effect when using ldmd2.
>
> I agree we shouldn't add that hardcoded into the compiler.
> Possibly we could add support for environment variables in
> ldc2.conf.
>
> -Johan

Such env var would be helpful on HPC computing. Indeed most of
worldwide grid use the "environment module" ->
https://github.com/cea-hpc/modules
I found this article which describe well this technology:
https://www.admin-magazine.com/HPC/Articles/Environment-Modules

In short to allow multiple version of same tools, "environment
module" use PATH, C_INCLUDE_PATH, LD_CONFIG_PATH, PYTHONPATH and
others to reach this goal.

But in D that seem not easy to do it as this env var do not exist.