Special behaviour for _Dmodule_ref and _d_run_main?

kinke kinke at gmx.net
Mon May 11 12:14:23 UTC 2020

On Monday, 11 May 2020 at 12:00:40 UTC, Denis Feklushkin wrote:
>> _Dmodule_ref shouldn't have been in use on x86(_64) Linux for
>> a few years now.
>
> LDC fork of druntime still uses it.

It's not used for Linux; the legacy _Dmodule_ref linked list is
only used for unknown OS IIRC. There have been undefined
_Dmodule_ref symbol issues for WebAssembly too IIRC.

> $ llvm-nm-9 -a libdruntime.a says that _Dmodule_ref and
> _Dmodule_ref is defined in libdruntime.a

Just for completeness, what are you linking against, an LTO
druntime or a regular druntime?

Unknown OS isn't on my priorities list, especially not if there's
only LTO troubles, so you'll probably have to look into this
yourself if you wanna get it working with LTO.