dcompute issues?

Bruce Carneal bcarneal at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 02:44:37 UTC 2021

I'm trying to get the dcompute saxpy test program to run and am
having some issues.

The first issue was an ldc2 1.24.0 seg fault over this line:
@compute(CompileFor.deviceOnly) module ...

I commented out the @compute... annotation leaving the top line
module declaration after which the test program compiled and
linked but it errored out when attempting to queue up the saxpy
kernel itself. Everything up to the queue attempt went well:
Platform initialization, getDevices, Context, Buffer!
allocations, data copies, ... so it appears that the
libdcompute.a build is fine.

I examined the newly created kernels_cuda210_64.ptx file and did
not find saxpy code.  I only found an 8-liner that, from the
mangled name, looks like a GlobalIndex calculation.

If this problem rings a bell with anyone in the LDC community,
please chime in.  I'd *really* prefer to work with dcompute
rather than fall back to CUDA shimming or SycL exploration.

Finally, many thanks for maintaining/advancing LDC.  It has been
great for all of my CPU/SIMD work.