dcompute issues?

Bruce Carneal bcarneal at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 19:59:45 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 10 February 2021 at 17:54:44 UTC, kinke wrote:
> On Wednesday, 10 February 2021 at 02:44:37 UTC, Bruce Carneal
> wrote:
>> The first issue was an ldc2 1.24.0 seg fault over this line:
>> @compute(CompileFor.deviceOnly) module ...
>
> Please try to reduce it and file an issue. You can also use a
> CI build with enabled assertions from
> https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/releases/tag/CI, which
> might give a usable hint.
>
>> Finally, many thanks for maintaining/advancing LDC.  It has
>> been great for all of my CPU/SIMD work.
>
> Thanks, you're welcome.

The ldc2-4bee4e6f-linux-x86_64 CI compiler that you pointed me to
works, no segv during compilation and the saxpy results coming
back from the GPU check out.  For reference, I'm using a cuda-620
target and running on a cuda-750 card.

You've got me up and running on dcompute.  Thanks!  I'm *really*
happy that I might not have to go back to C++/CUDA.