Debugging with GDB 8 on Windows

Siemargl inqnone at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 13:01:30 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 18 February 2021 at 11:16:24 UTC, Johan Engelen
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 17 February 2021 at 20:22:09 UTC, Siemargl wrote:
>> As i have read, as of LDC 1.23, dwarf debug info supported.
>>
>> I try to use gdb, but not successfully - breakpoints cannot be
>> set on function name, and not working completely.

>>ldc2 -gdwarf -m64 --d-debug --O0 dbg.d
>
> Just to be sure, can you try with adding `-g` to that?
>
> -Johan

I tried -g -gdwarf -gc, but also read in pull request code, that
-gdwarf implied -g.

Also i tried build without mingw libs, renaming folder
lib64/mingw, and with msvc toolset and with mingw toolset.

But, even if msvc toolset installed (and mingw libs renamed) -
-gdwarf always use lld-link