Cross-compiling a static binary from GitHub Actions

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow.lists at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 07:59:08 UTC 2021

Hi,

The problem: I made a tool written in D, but some people are
having trouble building/running it on non-x86_64 architectures
across various distributions. (I managed to build a static binary
for x86_64.)

My goal: build a static binary of a D program for Linux-AArch64
from GitHub Actions (as an artifact).

Does anyone have any advice in this direction?

I found https://wiki.dlang.org/Cross-compiling_with_LDC , which
is a good resource, but leaves open the question for how better
to set up the toolchain, dependency pinning, as well as obtaining
/ building the static libraries for C dependencies (such as
glibc).

Maybe someone has a Dockerfile on Nix script which demonstrates
cross-compiling static binaries of D programs?

Thanks!