Cross-compiling a static binary from GitHub Actions

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow.lists at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 19:31:40 UTC 2021

On Saturday, 25 September 2021 at 18:31:27 UTC, Vladimir
Panteleev wrote:
> Speaking of, I found this crazy wizardry which looks quite
> interesting:
>
> https://github.com/multiarch/qemu-user-static

I played around with it.

1. It works. It's amazing. I guess it's a bit like Rosetta for
Linux.

2. It's slow (about 8x). Probably don't try to build LLVM inside
it.

3. There seems to be some problem with creating processes using
std.process. Everything just segfaults. This prevents D tools
like Dub from doing pretty much anything.