Cross-compiling a static binary from GitHub Actions

kinke noone at nowhere.com
Mon Sep 27 02:27:32 UTC 2021

On Sunday, 26 September 2021 at 20:00:15 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> Maybe that's because you have the exactly correct kind of ARM
> there?

My (rough and superficial) understanding is that AArch64 is
nowhere near as fragmented as the old ARM32 ISA families (with
optional FP & SIMD units, soft-float/hard-float/softFP ABI
variations etc. etc.), and that LDC/LLVM default to the v8
baseline ISA. We've used Shippable CI before, which used a
different CPU than Travis now (obviously no Smartphone chips).
And the last time I worked on AArch64 about a year ago or so was
in a qemu VM (FWIW, on a Windows host - working just fine!),
using some Debian image IIRC - without any problems of this kind.

> Here's a full reproducer for the segfault issue:

Thx, but it doesn't catch my interest - no docker on my machine,
plus the qemu AArch64 VM is on a different box. I haven't heard
of any other reports of this kind, and as there are AArch64
distro packages of LDC (incl. Android packages which I know are
used by some people), I guess I would have heard if such basic
failures were wide-spread.