DMD compiler choking?

Jeremy Gibson jtgibsontelusnet
Wed Apr 5 21:48:07 PDT 2006

I've been dabbling around with D source code for a while, but never actually
tried to compile anything just yet.  I finally got around to compiling one of my
projects, and run into this error on the very first class definition I have (if
I comment out any class with /+ +/, it always occurs on the very next class
definition in the file):

data.d(45): identifier 'Object' is not defined
data.d(45): Object is used as a type

What's worse, however, is that the compiler is encountering an assertion
failure:

Assertion failure: 'b->type->ty == Tclass' on line 284 in file 'class.c'

..which leads me to believe that the dmd compiler itself is flaking out.

Any insights?