what editor/IDE do you use to write D code?

nobody nobody at mailinator.com
Thu Aug 24 09:30:38 PDT 2006

BCS wrote:
> nobody wrote:
>> BCS wrote:

>>> EditPlus
>>>
>>> It's marco ability is good enough to implement the Sieve of
>>> Eratosthenes. (Man do I have to mutch time on my hands!!)
>>

>> Thanks for the suggestion. I used TextPad to do the same.
>> What strategy did you use? I think mine should be evident:
>>
>> Before:

>> _pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
>>

>> After:
>> _ppnpnpnnnpnpnnnpnpnnnpnnnnnpnpnnnnnpnnnpnpnnnpnn
>

> 1> set a field of one "+" followed by lots of "*"
>
> 2> find+replace first "*" to "_"
>
> 3> reformat so that all lines are the same length with that "_" at the
> end of the first line
>     a> find+remove \n
>     b> find last "_"
>     c> insert \n
>     d> [up][end][down][return][repeat]
>
> 4> set the last char on all lines after #1 to "+"   (s/.$/+/)
>
> 5> repeat from #2 untill no "*" remain
>
> the "_" are prime
>

> I did it up through about 10k

Thanks for the reply. Sorry it took me so long to notice it. I might just have
to look into EditPlus to see how other macros systems work. If you are
interested in another challenge then you can try running a DFA on an input
string. You might also try running a PDA on an input string. If you still want
more of a challenge then perhaps you should try running either a dual stack PDA
on an input string or just go for the Turing machine.

I only had the patience to work my way up to the PDA. I have always planned to
come back and try it again sometime. Might try again soon.