Search posts?

Jarrett Billingsley kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 31 12:12:49 PDT 2006

news:ed6j21$2ej1$1 at digitaldaemon.com...

There is a forum on www.dsource.org, but it's not very big at all.

> Why are you using the newsgroup format.

I ask myself the same question almost daily.  You can, however, search the
newsgroup archives on www.digitalmars.com with google - they're not entirely
up-to-date, but they're pretty close.

> The question I have is does D use early binding by default like C++, or
> late binding like Java (which makes more sense)?

I'm about 85% sure it uses early binding, since it's a statically compiled
program (i.e. classes are not loaded at runtime like in Java).  I agree that
a late-bound architecture would certainly be more flexible, but I'm not sure
what performance and design impacts it would have on the internals of the
language.