What scripting language should I use

Kirk McDonald kirklin.mcdonald at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 12:14:53 PST 2006

Jari-Matti Mäkelä wrote:
> 3) yes, I have noticed <g>. You've done excellent job with Pyd.
> Hopefully it (the template stuff) can serve as a basis for other
> scripting languages too, e.g. Ruby.

I've looked at writing something like Pyd for Ruby, but I don't have the
patience to write bindings for the Ruby API. (Deja Augustine and David
Rushby had already done most of the work behind writing the Python/C API
bindings before I started Pyd.) The Ruby API is also more poorly
documented than the Python API. Finally, I just don't know Ruby that
well. :-)

I fully believe that the "hard bits" of Pyd would translate well to
pretty much any other scripting language. Someone just needs to do it. :-)

--
Kirk McDonald
Pyd: Wrapping Python with D