char* vs char[]

novice2 sorry at noem.ail
Thu Dec 21 02:38:31 PST 2006

== Quote from Stewart Gordon (smjg_1998 at yahoo.com)'s article
> Not quite.  C functions can, as they please, work in any character
> encoding or not care at all about encoding.

You are right. But.. i was not saw C libraries, working with utf8.
I just wanted to warn this topic author, that if we have C function
prototype, using char* params, it is very very low probability,
that this char* means utf8 string. In Windows at least.
And i never saw utf8 functions in Windows API.

He will have "invalid utf8 sequence" if will not convert to utf8
 strings, that returned from C function.

And i wanted to complain, that in D it is bored to interface with
Windows :)

> Check out smjg.libs.util.console in my utility library:
> http://pr.stewartsplace.org.uk/d/sutil/

Thank you!