help using dmd on linux

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Thu Dec 21 18:55:06 PST 2006

I'm trying out D on Linux for the first time and am having trouble
linking a program with extra library dependencies.

This should be simple for anyone who has compiled on Linux before.

Namely I'm trying to compile the sdl example in the Derelict examples
directory.

Here's the type of compile command I've tried to use:

$ bud sdl_ex1.d -I../DerelictSDL -I../DerelictUtil -L-L../lib
..lib/libDerelictSDL.a ../lib/libDerelictUtil.a

And various variations on that.  But I keep getting a few pages errors like:

gcc: /[path]/Derelict/DerelictSDL/derelict/sdl/sdl.o: No such file or
directory

Am I just not passing the -L../lib parameter right?

--bb