help posting a bug

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 23:06:52 PST 2006

Ant wrote:
> this is what I get from a debug session:
>
> (gdb) stepi
> 0x0804e0f9      359                                             dd.foo();
> (gdb) stepi
> 0x0804e0fb      359                                             dd.foo();
> (gdb) stepi
> 0x080c8568 in _D3gdk6Window6Window4moveFiiZv ()
>
> dd is in fact an instance of class Window in module gtk.Window.
> DMD got it right so far.
>
> but why would the method void move(int,int) be called
> instead of the method void foo() ????????????????

It's calling method dd.foo() from inside method move(), I believe.

> I posted a similar problem about a year and a half ago just to be ignored.
>
> so help me: how do I post this in the bugs group?
>
> Ant
>
> PS what happens is that the window I have on the screen is
> actually moved to somewhere else,
> it actually disappears from the screen.

Need a few more details: OS, DUIT version, DMD version ; how can we
reproduce this? do we just download the version from svn?  What steps do
we take to compile and discover the problem?  Can you step us through
what leads to the error?

-JJR