so what exactly is const supposed to mean?

Lars Ivar Igesund larsivar at igesund.net
Mon Jul 3 03:15:53 PDT 2006

Hasan Aljudy wrote:

> damn, this doesn't sound too good.
> I for one don't give a damn about const, so why should I be bothered to
> think about the constness of my code/classes and add "mutable"
> qualifiers all over the place?

Hmm, this sounds bad, for you ... you are aware that immutable objects are
your guarantee in multithreaded system to have safe sharing of data? Have
you looked at any well designed library in languages like C++, Java or C#?
Try to count the immutable classes present, I think you'll find quite a
few.

--
Lars Ivar Igesund
blog at http://larsivi.net