module's constants and forward references

Serg Kovrov dyh at pathlink.com
Mon Jul 10 16:05:10 PDT 2006

Hi BCS, you wrote:

> First of all the is a htod program that will do a lot of the grunt work
> for you.
>
> http://www.digitalmars.com//d/htod.html
>
> Second a solution:
>
> module test;
> import def;
> const int VAL = 1;
> void main(...
> ----------------------
> module def;
> import test;
> const int DVAL = VAL + 1;

Thanks for reply.

Yes, I noticed when type defined explicitly, it works. It seems omitting
constants type in declaration is same as 'auto' declaration. Which seems
does not works for forward declaration.

And yes, I use htod tool, but still there is lot of manual work.

PS. I'm trying to translate OpenSSL headers. There are lot of nasty
macro stuff, but it seems it used mostly internally. Is far as I know
there is no OpenSSL bindings yet. When/if I make some progress with
working sample, I'll expose code.

--
serg.