what editor/IDE do you use to write D code?

jcc7 jcc7_member at pathlink.com
Mon Jul 17 14:24:03 PDT 2006

In article <e9ghpc$ngh$1 at digitaldaemon.com>, Andrei Khropov says...

>Hello all,
>
>I just wonder what editor/IDE do you use to write D code?

I've tried to view D with many editors. Most allow the me to provide a custom
keyword list, but few can be configured to understand D's nested comments.

I used to use JFE most of the time, but it's D support is just a C lexer with a
custom list of keywords.

These days, I guess I usually use the D-customized version of SciTE from
http://wiki.dprogramming.com/SciTE/HomePage. It's great how it even recognizes
D's nested comments.

>How mature are VSpluginD, Poseidon, leds?

I've never used VSpluginD.

I've used Poseidon a little. I think it was fine, but SciTE works well for me.

If leds were available for Windows, I'd try it out, but I don't think a function
Windows version of leds has ever been released. (Sorry, Ant, if I'm wrong about
that.) I suspect leds if a good option for GTK+/Linux, though. If that's your
platform, I'd suggest you try it out.

jcc7