Either I'm just too stupid, or D is lacking something

Don Clugston dac at nospam.com.au
Tue Jul 25 01:14:05 PDT 2006

Derek wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 22:14:30 +0200, Wolfgang Draxinger wrote:
>

>> Probably I'm just too stupid, but if that's really a missing
>> feature, then I plead to add it.
>
> I have trouble understanding mixins too. They seem to solve half the
> problem I have and create two more while doing so. I suspect that I'm
> trying to do more than Walter believes should be allowed. The syntax and
> usage is more obtuse and misleading than C++ templates IMHO.

They work brilliantly for creating nested functions, but so far I
haven't found them to be useful for anything else. I think they'll need
to be totally revamped eventually; there's some serious problems with
them in their current form. I'd advise against using them if there's a
reasonable alternative.